‘The Metelect’ is the regeneration of the college club earlier know as ‘Metelect’. The club was regenerated with the intention of focusing and organizing productive events, activities and workshops for the Mechanical Department of the college. The club was re-established by the effort of the 2012 Batch students of Mechanical Engineering with a roadmap of “Learning by helping”, in the year 2013.
The club has some targets and poles under which it is processing. The Metelect has basically the following concepts and ideas were taken through the initiation of the club when it was first started.
- Intended to motivate students for expressing themselves
- intended to make students aware of the other division and sections of the mechanical engineering
- Intended to help juniors and the class fellows with the technical as well as management problems
- intended to organize various group activities to enrich the personality skills of each and every individual student
- Intended to organize technical events for the involvement as well as the understanding of concepts.
- Intended to coordinate various kind of technical as well as management awareness.
- intended to organize student lectures methodology to spread knowledge among others.
- Involving junior students for the next installment of the club (Recruitment)
These were the future intentions of the club and fortunately all the above mentioned points have been covered throughout the past 3 years of the processing (From 2013 September - 2016 January).
In the August 2015, a recruitment announcement was made regarding the new task force for the same. Interested students applied for the club and in September, a team of 12 was selected from them for the further undertaking of the processes related to the club.
The Metelect club is still going on to its second chapter with a new team and they are planning to organize another test series and an interview session for the mental as well as personal skill development.
We, The Metelect club members are intended to
- Encourage fellow students
- Motivate fellow students
- Manage activities related to science and engineering
- organizing events and workshops
- Handling departmental events
- organizing personality development programme
This is how we are “Shine for a new dawn”............................